Monday, October 5, 2009

I miss autumn...

I love Hawaii, I love the beaches, the ocean, the palm trees, the humidity, the warmth... ahh it is wonderful.

But I miss autumn. I miss the changing colors, the crisp air, the crunch of leaves underfoot. I miss picking out pumpkins and sipping apple cider and the bite of the wind.

I can't even tell it is October here.

Going to school here has shown me that I enjoy the different seasons. I love going to school here, but I wouldn't want to settle down here. This is the first year of my life that I haven't had an autumn. It is making me homesick.

We don't get a very long autumn in Alaska, but for those few weeks, it is beautiful. Here are a few pictures I took last fall.










If I was going to pick one of the fairies to be from Fantasia, I think I would want to be the autumn fairy. It would be fun to change all the colors of the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment