Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What is this, Valentine's day?

There is a "couple" epidemic on campus... and it is making me sick. I'm all for people dating, coupling off, and getting married. But when they get all mushy in public... not okay with me.

I guess there is no way that they could know it is my pet peeve as they make out in my general direction, but really folks, have some self awareness! I'm pretty sure nobody likes that except the ones participating in it.

I think that so many people are coupling off right now for mainly two reasons. 1, We are far enough into the semester for them to be past the initial flirting stage. 2, Because it is crunch time before everyone goes home for the holidays, and they want to be able to a) tell their families about their amazing significant others, and/or b) make their ex boyfriends/girlfriends jealous.

Harsh, you say? Cynical? Well, fine. Maybe I am. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment