Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pre-Homework

Yes, that's right. I'm putting off homework right now in order to write this blog entry. If you are shocked by my extreme unselfishness, well, all I can say is, you should be.

I realized something tonight. I am an expert at procrastinating. I had this realization while I was procrastinating. Coincidental! Or is it ironic? I'm too tired to tell. Maybe it is both.

Any way, as I was sitting at the computer, I decided to put some new music into my playlist, to make the essay-writing experience more pleasurable. The 120 or so songs I had on there have already been listened too many times. So I started looking up songs and adding them. I did this for almost an hour, with intermittent facebook chatting. (As a side note, facebook is the procrastinator's best friend. Or worst enemy, depending on how you look at it. Probably the latter, actually.)

At almost ten o' clock, I finally realized that I need to get down to business, or perish in the attempt.

Here is what I found: my procrastinating acts as a sort of pre-homework warm up. After I had spent all this time on seemingly unnecessary activites (homework-wise... my playlist was getting stale, after all,) I was actually better able to think of my essay topic, and get to work! Amazing.

I also figured out that I like to take breaks while I do homework... such as now.

I'll end with this cheery little tidbit: Not only have I written a good portion of my essay, I also expanded my playlist to 168! I think that calls for a huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. RASPBERRIES! :D Babies EVERYWHERE >:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post a comment, but then I started checking facebook...............

    ReplyDelete