Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

So. It is 2010. Strange. I set a great precedent for the rest of the year by sleeping in until eleven.

I wonder how many people are starting diets today, and how many of them have already broken their diets today?

I don't like New Year's resolutions. By the end of the year, if I haven't accomplished them, I feel like crap. I think setting goals is good, I guess, but I have never been very good with writing down goals and accomplishing them. I like to recognize goals after I've accomplished them. For example, I ended this semester with straight A's. That was not necessarily a goal of mine-not that I had openly acknowledged, anyway-but when I got straight A's, I said to myself, "Good job, Beth! You totally accomplished your goal of getting straight A's!"

It gave me a good, accomplishy feeling inside.

So my New Year's resolution is to accomplish at least one great goal that I didn't know I had! And look at that, "Good job, Beth! You updated your blog today, thereby accomplishing that goal!" Now I can relax until next year... anything else can be considered surplus goal-accomplishing.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, story for you. Behind the counter at Bernie's we have 3 copies of the same book that is "101 Ways to Improve Your Life." So I would read it every time it was slow and I was bored. One of the ways is to NOT set new year's resolutions....so i'm not going to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you rock. End of story.

    ReplyDelete