Monday, September 28, 2009

Music Monday: Marie Digby

I recently discovered Marie Digby thanks to Pandora.com, and I can't get her stuff out of my head. She's a sort of pop/indie singer, with a mellow voice and killer guitar and piano skills. According to her bio on Pandora, she got her big break due to the video on youtube of her acoustic cover of Rihanna's song, "Umbrella."  I like Marie's version much better than Rihanna's.




When I finally exert my energies to learning the guitar, which I'm determined to someday do, I will look to Marie for inspiration. Maybe I'll post myself singing on youtube and get a big break. But I digress. Check out the link to her video of Umbrella, posted below. A "high quality" version of this song is available on iTunes.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589Mvlz6LWE

Also, if you dig Digby like I do, she just came out with a CD this month, "Breathing Underwater"






No comments:

Post a Comment